Home > trumpet > How a trumpet is made

How a trumpet is made

September 29th, 2010 Leave a comment Go to comments

YouTube Preview Image

Categories: trumpet Tags:
  1. Katherine
    January 29th, 2011 at 21:22 | #1

Wow, I didn’t think that so much effort went into making a trumpet. It is amazing how much is still done by hand. Are all trumpets made by hand like that, or do they make them by machine in some places?

2. January 30th, 2011 at 07:59 | #2

it’s interesting to know that a trumpet started out as a straight horn and it took hundreds of years to make like the way it is today. the people in the video were brilliant at making the the trumpet by hang. it’s amazing how a trumpet starts out as a thin sheet of brass, be hammered and bended and heated in the creation, but still turned out to be very smooth and shiny. i saw a video like this before in discovery showing how they made a trombone and the way they made the trombone was very similar to how they made a trumpet..

3. Ayan Siddiq
    January 31st, 2011 at 04:27 | #3

I didn’t know that it was such a long process to make a trumpet and how much work goes into it. They said in the beginning of the video clip that it started off as a straight horn, and over time it evolved into what it is today. Since i play the trumpet it is informative for me to know what i am playing and how it is made and the different components of a single trumpet.

4. Vicky
    January 31st, 2011 at 06:51 | #4

I think it is so interesting how trumpets are made with so much care and time. It is so cool how the trumpet starts out as a thin sheet of brass and it ends up as a pretty resistant trumpet. It should take so much time and effort to do a trumpet, to let it dry and all that. I thought that trumpets were not made by hand. Well not now-a-days. Now I know that it takes long to make a trumpet so that we should handle them with care, i always did but now I will do extra care.

5. Mica
    January 31st, 2011 at 07:12 | #5

I LIKE HIS ACCENT. A LOT. 😀 😀 😀
    It’s also really interesting to know that just bending it from a straight horn to a bent trumpet-y thing could actually change the series of notes produced. It’s also interesting because at home when I take apart my trumpet to clean it, I never knew how the valves actually made a difference. BUT NOW I KNOW!! 😀 😀 I didn’t know, though, that it was made up of 1.5 metres of tubes and metal. It’s amazing that trumpets are hand-made.
    BUT MOST OF ALL, I REALLY LIKE HIS ACCENT.
    😀

6. James Liu
    February 1st, 2011 at 00:09 | #6

I think it is interesting how the trumpet is made. Freezing the metal to bend it and hammering the bell into shape. I never thought the trumpet would go through such a long process just to be made. I also expected the trumpet to be made by a machine not by a human, because humans are less accurate than a human. This is a very cool video.

7. Anoushka
    February 22nd, 2011 at 06:25 | #7

I think its really interesting that trumpets are still made by hand. I still don’t understand how bending a trumpet with soap and water and freezing it helps bend the trumpet in the way its supposed to look. Its also interesting how the valves are made by hand. Another amazing I thing I found out was that changing the shape from a straight line to a curved bend can change the range of notes an instrument can produce. This makes me think that if we changed the shape of many instruments that we have today, would that change the range or pitch of notes that we played?

Skip to toolbar